Portsea Swim Classic
Registrations are now closed. There will be limited on day entries available on a first in best dressed basis at Pt Nepean National Park Portsea from 9 am. The event sold out in 2018 & is likely to sell out in 2019, so be sure to get in early if intending to enter on day.
The 2020 Portsea Swim Classic will be held on 18th January 2020.
In 2018 & 2019 both the Portsea Swim Classic 1,500 metre event and the Portsea Swim Classic Gold 2,500 metre event sold out. Please enter early in October in order to avoid the disappointment of missing out on the opportunity to participate in Australia’s greatest open water swim.
** PLEASE NOTE ** The Portsea Swim Classic Gold will return in 2020. In addition to the classic 1.5 km course we will again be offering the “Portsea Swim Classic Gold” being a 2.5 km swim classic option starting to the east of the Portsea Hotel with a shot gun start and competitor numbers strictly limited to 300 entrants only – first in best dressed and online entries only. This event sold out very quickly in 2018 & 2019 so don’t delay.
HAHN SUPER DRY DA$H 4 CA$H
The Portsea Swim Classic is pleased to present the annual HAHN SUPER DRY DA$H 4 CA$H.
Only open to pre registered swimmers in the Portsea Swim Classic over the age of 18 years (proof of age may be required) and limited to 50 female and 50 male swimmers, registration will be on the day, opening at 9:00am. You must take your Timing Chip to the DA$H 4 CA$H registration tent for proof of registration.
$1,000 cash each to be won by the first male and female.
Enter online and you will go into the draw to win a return trip for two people to the 2019 Noosa Summer Swim Festival on February 02-03, thanks to World Series Swims.
Visit the Tourism Noosa website for more information on the region: http://www.visitnoosa.com.au/
The Major Prize includes return flights, accommodation and swim entries into any distances.
Find out more about this event at: http://worldseriesswims.com.au/noosa-summer-swim/
- Commencing from Fisherman’s beach (accessible via the Cutting car park 200m west of Portsea Pier along Point Nepean Road), swimmers will head west around Police Point and along the coast to Jarman Oval at the historic Quarantine Station in the Point Nepean National Park. The Swim has been carefully timed to ensure it will be aided by the outgoing tide.
- The swim distance is approximately 1,500m. Swimmers will have the benefit of the outgoing tide the whole way, with no hard slog back into the tide.
- Pre Race registration will be held at the finish line on Jarman Oval inside Point Nepean National Park, with a shuttle bus service to ferry swimmers to the start line.
- Each competitor will receive a souvenir 100% premium cotton BLAZER t-shirt, swim cap, certificate and products from our sponsors including Splitrock, Carman’s, Bulla and the Australian Banana Industry.
- Online registration will open in October. Entry numbers are limited to just 2,000 competitors this year and so on-day entries may not be available.